If typography is the body language of writing, and poets delight in all the nuances of language, then poets are our most intuitive typographers. Poets appreciate that this word is not necessarily this word. Typographers doubly appreciate the difference a font makes. As poets who are also typographers, we three - Makyla Curtis, Ya-Wen Ho and Jo Giddens - triply appreciate the liminal space of letterpress, where poetry and typography interplay. Come along to hear us read as poets, and also to enjoy pulling some prints with us as letterpress printmakers.
Come join us for poetry and printmaking. At 3pm talks from:
* Jo Giddens (printmaker, wordsmith)
* Ya-Wen Ho 賀雅雯 (poet, publisher)
* Makyla Curtis (poet, compositor)
Plus: come do some letterpress printing yourself from 12:30pm. Book a time here, or just turn up.
See more from the artists:
* Ya-Wen Ho - http://www.nzepc.auckland.ac.nz/features/six-pack-sound/01/ho.asp
* Jo Giddens - www.thevcpress.com
* Makyla Curtis - makyla.wordpress.com